Old World Italian - Wednesday, April 12thIn this class we take you deep into Italian roots you may be unfamiliar with....from polenta, to braised beef with wine, and mint potato dumplings.
Location:Sweet and Savory Classroom, East Main Street, Chattanooga, TN, USA
About this experience
Old World Italian
When you think of Italian........pasta, red sauce, ravioli, and parmesan come to mind. But there is a food culture beyond the popular. In this class we take you deep into Italian roots you may be unfamiliar with....from polenta, to braised beef with wine, and mint potato dumplings.
This class is nothing familiar but still authentic, old world, Italian greatness.
- Culurgiones with a Spicy Cherry Tomato Sauce - traditional dumplings from eastern Sardinia
- Braised Beef with Red Wine and Tomatoes
- Polenta - cooked cornmeal
- Zabaione - light custard dessert served with berries and tuile
We have many styles of classes. This class is geared for entertainment with cooking skills taught throughout the class. It is not expected for every guest to personally make every recipe. This class has a nice balance of group work as well as cooking in pairs.
- This is a hands on cooking class with Chef Demonstrations, individual, and group work.
- This class is for ages 18 and older.
- Please come prepared with your ID if you plan on purchasing adult beverages. Outside beverages are not allowed.
- Doors open 10 minutes before class starts.
This class can accommodate V, Vegetarian, Nut allergies, and most all other dietary restrictions. Please submit the form listed in the footer of our website prior to coming to class. We do our best to make substitutions. In the case we cannot substitute a suitable ingredient then it will be omitted from your ingredients.
We have a well trained team with years of culinary and teaching experience. Your class will be taught by one of our Chef Instructors.
It's our pleasure to cook with you!