Cook Like a Chef: A 6-Week Culinary Adventure - Mondays January 8th-February 19th (6-8:30p)Join us for an exciting adventure to master the fundamentals of cooking in our "Cook Like a Chef" 6-week cooking course!
Location:Sweet and Savory Classroom, 45 E Main St Ste 112, Chattanooga, TN 37408, USA
About this experience
Cook Like a Chef: A 6-Week Culinary Adventure
Are you ready to elevate your culinary skills and unleash your inner chef? Join us for an exciting adventure to master the fundamentals of cooking in our "Cook Like a Chef" 6-week cooking course! This immersive experience will transform you into a culinary maestro as you learn to master the techniques to make you more efficient and confident in the kitchen.
Led by our expert instructors you will learn, practice, and have a little homework to do. We believe that learning the fundamentals of cooking will help you build a solid foundation to begin a rich and enjoyable journey in the kitchen.
Unlock the secrets of the kitchen as we dive into the basics of cooking techniques and Lay a strong foundation for your culinary adventure
Cook Like a Chef Classes:
Class #1 - Knife skills
Are you tired of struggling with dull knives and uneven cuts in the kitchen? Ready to take your culinary expertise to the next level? Join our "Knife Skills Mastery" cooking class and unlock the secrets to becoming a precision chef with the blade!
Class #2 - Sauces
The soul of every dish is in it’s sauce. Elevate your dishes with the magic of sauces. You will be introduced to the “mother sauces” and execute a few of them as well as learn how to build them into new sauces.
Class #3 - Doughs
Learn the tricks and techniques the professionals use to make the perfect dough. In this class you will learn the two main categories of doughs, elastic and soft/flakey doughs. Once you have this knowledge you will be able to make just about anything requiring a dough. From dinner rolls, pizzas, danishes, tarts, biscuits you will have the knowledge to succeed.
Class #4 - Starches & Vegetables
From the million dollar rice method to properly blanching and roasting vegetables you will learn the tips and tricks to take your everyday items up a notch.
Class #5 - Meats/Proteins
Elevate your main courses with gourmet flair. Dive into advanced techniques for cooking meats, seafood, and vegetables to perfection. Impress your guests with restaurant-quality dishes.
Class #6 - Salads and Dressings
Learn how to handle greens and cut them properly. Make your own dressings and vinaigrettes and understand the science behind emulsions and principles of success.
Why take this cooking course?
- You will learn kitchen safety and sanitation
- You will learn how to get organized for cooking quickly (mise en place)
- You will work as a team and make new friends.
- You will understand the core concepts that all cooking is built upon such as
- Knife skills
- Sauce making
- Elastic doughs
- Soft doughs
- Sharpening knives
- You will learn the use of common kitchen equipment.
- You will receive all recipes from your classes.
- You will be introduced to the most used principles of Food Science
- One-on-one time with the Chefs
- Hands-on cooking experience
- A deeper appreciation for the art of cooking
Who should take this cooking series?
- Cooking enthusiasts and home chefs looking to up their skills.
- Home cooks who want to be faster and more efficient at cooking
- Beginners looking for the skills to get started in the kitchen.
- Anyone who cooks from scratch at home.
Location & Schedule: All Classes are 6-8:30pm
Our "Cook Like a Chef" series takes place in-person at our Chattanooga TN Location.
Week 1: Monday, January 8th (6-8:30pm)
Week 2: Monday, January 15th (6-8:30pm)
Week 3: Monday, January 22nd (6-8:30pm)
Week 4: Monday, January 29th (6-8:30pm)
Week 5: Monday, February 5th (6-8:30pm)
Week 6: Monday, February 19th (6-8:30pm)
Spaces are limited, so don't miss your chance to enroll in this extraordinary culinary adventure. Join us and learn to "Cook Like a Chef" in just six weeks. Unleash your culinary creativity, impress your loved ones, and savor the joy of cooking like a true chef. Reserve your spot now and embark on a culinary adventure of a lifetime!
* For ages 14 years old and up. This class is intended for the same person to attend every class. Switching or swapping participants is not allowed. Once signed up there are not credits for missed classes, future classes, and/or refunds. Each participant must agree and sign the cooking class agreement. We reserve the ability to change the order of classes and instructors at any time. Monthly deals and coupons do not apply to this series of classes.
We have a well trained team with years of culinary and teaching experience. Your class will be taught by one of our Chef Instructors.
It's our pleasure to cook with you!