A Night in Havana - Wednesday, May 29thGrilling is an art form all in itself.
Location:Sweet and Savory Classroom, 45 E Main St Ste 112, Chattanooga, TN 37408, USA
About this experience
A Night in Havana:
Grilling is an art form all in itself. Every country and culture has its own unique style when it comes to cooking on an open flame. In this class we will explore the in's and outs of A La Plancha Cooking (pronounced ah-la-plahn-chah and means: "grilled on a metal plate" with Mojo flavors in a traditional Cuban style.
Mojo, originating in the canary islands, by definition is a sauce or marinade containing garlic, olive oil, and sour oranges. In this class you will experience how the Cuban Culture has adapted Mojo and made it a part of its everyday cooking style. You will not be disappointed with the vibrant colors and the amazing flavors cooked in this class. See you soon!
- Grilled Romaine Salad with Lemon Yogurt Dressing and Potatoes
- Mojo Pork Tenderloin with Seared Avocados and Peppers
- Brown Butter Crepes, Candied Nuts, Fruit Flambé
We have many styles of classes. This class is geared for entertainment with cooking skills taught throughout the class. It is not expected for every guest to personally make every recipe. This class has a nice balance of group work as well as cooking in pairs.
- This is a hands on cooking class with Chef Demonstrations, individual, and group work.
- This class is for ages 14 and older.
- Please come prepared with your ID if you plan on purchasing/consuming adult beverages. Outside beverages are not allowed.
- Doors open 10 minutes before class starts.
Most of our classes can accommodate V, Vegetarian, Nut allergies, and most all other dietary restrictions. Please submit the form listed in the footer of our website prior to coming to class. We do our best to make substitutions. In the case we cannot substitute a suitable ingredient then it will be omitted from your ingredients.
We have a well trained team with years of culinary and teaching experience. Your class will be taught by one of our Chef Instructors.
It's our pleasure to cook with you!