The Sweet and Savory
Basic Skills Series
We will be teaching 6 separate classes 1 each in January, February, March, April, May, June.
(Come to just 1 or all 6. Make sure to check out the others and sign up NOW!)
Chicken….it’s cheap….it’s good (well if you know what you’re doing it is)….it’s versatile….
Chicken has all of these great qualities but few really understand how to begin. That’s what this class is all about. We start with an in-depth demonstration on how to break down a whole chicken into it’s parts (don’t worry, the feathers are not included). Then each person in class will get their own chicken to break down. You will walk away with not only the theories but also real life practice in cutting up a chicken. Then we cook some of the chicken and enjoy a meal together.
Instructor: Chef Jeff Pennypacker
This class is for age 14 and older.
Check out these other classes in this series and sign-up SOON! (classes will be posted on our website shortly)
- January, Knife Skills - Learn to cut and chop like a pro saving you time and injury.
- February, Stocks and Sauces - Learn how the modern chef prepares expert stocks and sauces.
- March, Basic Breads - Learn how to master yeast and the production of breads.
- April, Master Pasta Class - Learn to make pasta from scratch, shapes, and accompanying sauces
- May, Chicken Class - Learn to break down a chicken, Brining techniques and proper cooking techniques.
- June, Braising - Classical braising techniques
All classes are hands-on. Wear comfortable clothes with closed-toe non-slip shoes.
Cancellation Policy and Class Transfers - CLICK HERE
Allergies/Dietary Restrictions - CLICK HERE