The Sweet and Savory
Basic Skills Series
We will be teaching 6 separate classes 1 each in January, February, March, April, May, June.
(Come to just 1 or all 6. Make sure to check out the others and sign up NOW!)
Braising is a wonderful way to enjoy meats. It’s the secret way to eat some of the best cuts of meat in their tenderest state.
Traditionally braising is for meat but it can be used for many other things however we focus on a fantastic Italian meat dish. Italian..? I know, when you think of Italian........pasta, red sauce, ravioli, and parmesan come to mind. But there is a food culture beyond the popular.
In this class we take you deep into Italian roots you may be unfamiliar with….and learn the art of braising.
This class is nothing familiar but still authentic, old world, Italian greatness.
Instructor: Chef Jeff Pennypacker
This class is for age 14 and older.
Check out these other classes in this series and sign-up SOON! (classes will be posted on our website shortly)
- January, Knife Skills - Learn to cut and chop like a pro saving you time and injury.
- February, Stocks and Sauces - Learn how the modern chef prepares expert stocks and sauces.
- March, Basic Breads - Learn how to master yeast and the production of breads.
- April, Master Pasta Class - Learn to make pasta from scratch, shapes, and accompanying sauces
- May, Chicken Class - Learn to break down a chicken, Brining techniques and proper cooking techniques.
- June, Braising - Classical braising techniques
All classes are hands-on. Wear comfortable clothes with closed-toe non-slip shoes.
Cancellation Policy and Class Transfers - CLICK HERE
Allergies/Dietary Restrictions - CLICK HERE