The Sweet and Savory
Basic Skills Series
We will be teaching 6 separate classes 1 each in January, February, March, April, May, June.
(Come to just 1 or all 6. Make sure to check out the others and sign up NOW!)
Stocks and Sauces
Making a great stock or sauce can literally “save” a dish. I heard it from a recent customer that he has traveled the world eating great food and discovered the best food….had a great sauce to go with it.
I totally agree with him. A great sauce is sometimes even better than what it goes with.
In this class we dive into this essential basic skill. We start by learning the fundamentals of a blonde and brown stock. Then we use the stocks to make a great pan sauce. From there we embark on the journey of the famed Hollandaise sauce. In the end we pull it all together with a pan seared chicken breast, veg, and a starch to make a complete plate. Yes that’s correct….we use our new skills to create a meal and we eat it too.
Pan Roasted Chicken Breast
White Wine Herb Sauce
Asparagus with Hollandaise
Instructor: Chef Jeff Pennypacker
This class is for age 14 and older.
Check out these other classes in this series and sign-up SOON! (classes will be posted on our website shortly)
- January, Knife Skills - Learn to cut and chop like a pro saving you time and injury.
- February, Stocks and Sauces - Learn how the modern chef prepares expert stocks and sauces.
- March, Basic Breads - Learn how to master yeast and the production of breads.
- April, Master Pasta Class - Learn to make pasta from scratch, shapes, and accompanying sauces
- May, Chicken Class - Learn to break down a chicken, Brining techniques and proper cooking techniques.
- June, Braising - Classical braising techniques
All classes are hands-on. Wear comfortable clothes with closed-toe non-slip shoes.
Cancellation Policy and Class Transfers - CLICK HERE
Allergies/Dietary Restrictions - CLICK HERE