Parent/Child Hibachi - 2-5p Saturday, August 19th (Price includes 1 Parent & 1 Child)Bring your kiddo in for a memorable class you’ll be excited to hurry and recreate at home!
Location:Sweet and Savory Classroom, 45 E Main St Ste 112, Chattanooga, TN 37408, USA
About this experience
Hibachi meaning “Fire Bowl”, is traditionally a charcoal vessel used to cook foods we associate with what is now known as “Hibachi.” The debate over when the American obsession with Hibachi, or “Teppanyaki” style cooking began is varied; but most agree it gained popularity in the 1970’s.
One thing that is not up for debate is the love for the flair-infused styles of spatula wielding, fire slinging chefs who are masters of their griddles. Over the last few years, fans of great Japanese food have surrounded the Hibachi as Chefs command a flat-top griddle with precision, showmanship, and a penchant for making amazing food. One thing that is always agreed on is that Hibachi style food is delicious!
We have assembled a menu that will delight the appetite that craves Japanese inspired cuisine. We will make all the favorites including fried rice, vegetables, meats, and sauces- all the foods we crave when we sit down to a meal at a Hibachi restaurant. We will show you the all the techniques- (and some cool tricks!)- that make Hibachi food delicious and fun!
- Gyoza (pan fried dumplings) with Ponzu Sauce
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Chicken with Teriyaki sauce
- Shrimp with Yum Yum sauce
Classic Hibachi Vegetables
Parent/Child Class Details
- This class is for ages 5-13 years old. If your child is 14+ please look at joining the adult class.
- The class price includes 1 adult to accompany each child with a reservation.
- Kids are not permitted to share a reservation. Each reservation is for 1 adult and 1 child.
- If you have multiple children, each child will need thier own reservation, although one parent can accompany more than one child.
We have many styles of classes. This class is geared for entertainment with cooking skills taught throughout the class. It is not expected for every guest to personally make every recipe. This class has a nice balance of group work as well as cooking in pairs.
- This is a hands on cooking class with Chef Demonstrations, individual, and group work.
- This class is for ages 5-13.
- Doors open 10 minutes before class starts.
Most of our classes can accommodate V, Vegetarian, Nut allergies, and most all other dietary restrictions. Please submit the form listed in the footer of our website prior to coming to class. We do our best to make substitutions. In the case we cannot substitute a suitable ingredient then it will be omitted from your ingredients.
We have a well trained team with years of culinary and teaching experience. Your class will be taught by one of our Chef Instructors.
It's our pleasure to cook with you!