Parent/Child Italian Calzones - 2-5p Saturday, December 2nd (Price includes 1 Parent & 1 Child)Authentic Calzoni originated in Naples, Italy, join us as we walk you through the calzone process!
Location:Sweet and Savory Classroom, 45 E Main St Ste 112, Chattanooga, TN 37408, USA
About this experience
There is just something different…amazing even…when you steer away from the traditional pizza to indulge in a Calzone.
Versatile, filling, and flavorful; Calzones are, in my opinion, the ultimate choice over pizza. Only tastebuds can describe how pizza dough, stuffed with sausage or cheese or anything, then oiled and baked to golden brown perfection, becomes almost superior in flavor and texture. In this class you will be making your own dough, fresh mozzarella cheese, marinara, and fillings. Then together we will shape your ingredients into a Calzones and bake it till golden brown and served with hot Marinara. AND We are adding a SWEET BONUS .…we are going to make a sweetened Apple Ricotta Calzone with cinnamon sugar glaze for dessert. When you’re done with this class you will not only have learned new cooking skills but also created a new “first love."
- Home made fresh Mozzarella
- Home made Marinara
- Other Fillings available: White cheddar, pepperoni, Italian Sausage, fresh basil, ricotta, and roasted garlic.
- Apple Ricotta Dessert Calzone.
We use fresh seasonal ingredients for the fillings and may change from class to class. Examples of fillings are Sausage, Cheese, Mushrooms, Pepperoni, Ricotta, Peppers, Onions, and garlic.
Parent/Child Class Details:
- This class is for ages 5-13 years old. If your child is 14+ please look at joining an adult class.
- The class price includes 1 adult and 1 child with each reservation.
- Kids are not permitted to share a reservation. Each reservation is for 1 adult and 1 child.
- If you have multiple children, each child will need thier own reservation, although one parent can accompany more than one child.
We have many styles of classes. This class is geared for entertainment with cooking skills taught throughout the class. It is not expected for every guest to personally make every recipe. This class has a nice balance of group work as well as cooking in pairs.
- This is a hands on cooking class with Chef Demonstrations, individual, and group work.
- This class is for ages 5-13.
- Doors open 10 minutes before class starts.
Most of our classes can accommodate V, Vegetarian, Nut allergies, and most all other dietary restrictions. Please submit the form listed in the footer of our website prior to coming to class. We do our best to make substitutions. In the case we cannot substitute a suitable ingredient then it will be omitted from your ingredients.
We have a well trained team with years of culinary and teaching experience. Your class will be taught by one of our Chef Instructors.
It's our pleasure to cook with you