Middle Eastern Street Food - Thursday, April 4thThe Middle East has been a hub for food and exchanging of recipes for thousands of years.
Location:Sweet and Savory Classroom, 45 E Main St Ste 112, Chattanooga, TN 37408, USA
About this experience
Middle Eastern Street Food
The most common Middle-Eastern street food is falafel, the quintessential Middle-Eastern dish.
On a plate or wrapped up in a soft, warm pita with all the accompaniments, Falafel is one of the world's most popular foods. A golden brown, crispy ball with a pillowy-soft center and the fragrance of Middle-Eastern spices, Falafel is easy to make....but impossible to resist!
Join us as we make from scratch some of the Middle-Easts most popular dishes. You will leave stuffed and happy and have all the tools to re-create the magic again at home.
- Traditional Falafel with pickled red onions, tomatoes, and tzatziki sauce on homemade pita.
- Fragrant Cilantro-Parsley Falafel with hummus and tahini sauce
- Israeli Carrot Salad
- Sautéed Fennel with Almond Salad
We have many styles of classes. This class is geared for entertainment with cooking skills taught throughout the class. It is not expected for every guest to personally make every recipe. This class has a nice balance of group work as well as cooking in pairs.
- This is a hands on cooking class with Chef Demonstrations, individual, and group work.
- This class is for ages 14 and older.
- Please come prepared with your ID if you plan on purchasing adult beverages. Outside beverages are not allowed.
- Doors open 10 minutes before class starts.
Most of our classes can accommodate V, Vegetarian, Nut allergies, and most all other dietary restrictions. Please submit the form listed in the footer of our website prior to coming to class. We do our best to make substitutions. In the case we cannot substitute a suitable ingredient then it will be omitted from your ingredients.
We have a well trained team with years of culinary and teaching experience. Your class will be taught by one of our Chef Instructors.
It's our pleasure to cook with you!