Junior Chefs Academy: A Fun & Delicious Kids Cooking Class Series - Mondays March 4th-May 6th 4:30-6:00pDeveloping skills they will use for a lifetime in a fun, immersive learning environment!
Location:Sweet and Savory Classroom, 45 E Main St Ste 112, Chattanooga, TN 37408, USA
About this experience
Junior Chefs Academy:
Calling all young foodies and aspiring chefs! Welcome to our "Junior Chefs Academy," a delightful and interactive cooking class series designed specifically for kids. This culinary adventure is a perfect opportunity for your child to explore the joys of cooking, experiment with flavors, and develop important life skills while having heaps of fun.
Join us at the classroom for a cooking series designed to engage your kids in a healthy and fun environment.
Class #1 - Knife skills : It's not too early to learn the basics of how to use a knife for cutting and chopping. This is a skill that all kids need to learn because it will help them succeed in the rest of their lives.
Class #2 - Cookies : In this sweet class, kids will become pastry artists. They'll learn professional methods to make cookies and increase their baking skills.
Class #3 - Breads : Learn the tricks and techniques the professionals use to make the perfect dough. In this class you will learn about elastic dough which are used for things like pizzas, pasta, rolls, loaves, dumplings. Once you have this knowledge you will be able to make just about anything requiring an elastic dough.
Class #4 - Breakfast : Breakfast is the start of a great day and it's essential for a lifetime of success. Learn the skills necessary to master a quick and tasty breakfast.
Class #5 - Meats/Proteins : This class will focus on proper sanitation, seasoning, and searing of proteins.
Class #6 - Salads and Dressings : Learn how to handle greens and cut them properly. Make your own dressings and vinaigrettes and understand the science behind emulsions.
Class #7 : Soup - Building a soup is a great skill to have and kids will learn how in this class.
Class #8 : Sauces & Salsa - Sauces make a meal. Kids will learn the fundamental techniques to making great sauces and salsas.
Why take this cooking course?
- Kids will learn kitchen safety and sanitation.
- Kids will work as a team and make new friends.
- Kids will build self confidence and confidence in the kitchen.
- Kids will learn the use of common kitchen equipment.
- Kids will receive all recipes from classes.
- A deeper appreciation for the art of cooking
- Hands-on cooking experience
- One-on-one time with the Chefs
- Kids will understand the core concepts that all cooking is built upon such as
- Knife skills
- Sauce making
- Elastic doughs
- Soft doughs
- Salting & Seasoning
- Creaming method
Who should take this cooking series?
- Beginners looking for the skills to get started in the kitchen.
- Anyone who cooks from scratch at home.
- Children aged 8 to 14
- Kids who are curious about cooking and love food
- Parents looking for a creative and educational activity for their children
Location & Schedule:
All Classes are from 4:30-6pm
Our "Junior Chefs Academy" series takes place in-person at our Chattanooga TN Location.
- Monday March 4, 2024 (4:30-6:00pm)
- Monday March 18, 2024 (4:30-6:00pm)
- Monday March 25, 2024 (4:30-6:00pm)
- Monday April 8, 2024 (4:30-6:00pm)
- Monday April 15, 2024 (4:30-6:00pm)
- Monday April 22, 2024 (4:30-6:00pm)
- Monday April 29, 2024 (4:30-6:00pm)
- Monday May 6, 2024 (4:30-6:00pm)
Spaces are limited, so don't miss your chance to enroll in this extraordinary culinary adventure. Join us and learn to "Cook Like a Chef" in just a few weeks. Unleash your culinary creativity, impress your loved ones, and savor the joy of cooking like a true chef. Reserve your spot now and embark on a culinary adventure of a lifetime!
The Fine Print:
This class is for ages 8-14 years old with kids being dropped off.
This class is intended for the same person to attend every class. Switching or swapping participants is not allowed.
Once signed up there are no credits for missed classes, future classes, and/or refunds.
Refunds and/or credits will only be issued 30 days before the start of the series.
Each participant must agree and sign the cooking class agreement with their parent/guardian.
We reserve the ability to change the order of classes and instructors at any time.
Preferred payment is by signing up on our website and paying in full to reserve your spot.
Please email email@example.com if you need other payment options.
We have a well trained team with years of culinary and teaching experience. Your class will be taught by one of our Chef Instructors.
It's our pleasure to cook with you!